Calendar icon Site Updated 07/12/2024

Welcome to your top resource for FL CCW Information.

If you are a U.S. Citizen and you own a gun, then the Florida Weapons Permit is the one you want to obtain. This permit is a favorite of military and law enforcement personnel across the country. Exercise your Second Amendment right!

Be Safe!

Be Prepared!

Be Protected!

  • Who can apply for the Florida CCW
  • Anyone US Citizen 21 or older can apply for the FL Weapons Permit.
    ** Active Duty U.S. Military can apply at 18 Years of Age
  • Do you have to live in Florida to apply for a Florida Weapons Permit
  • NO, anyone living in the United States can apply. You must be a U.S. citizen OR legal resident alien residing in the United States OR Active Duty Military residing abroad.

Florida Concealed Weapon License

License to carry concealed weapon or firearm in the state of Florida. Concealed Carry or Carrying a Concealed Weapon – most commonly called (CCW), is the practice of carrying a weapon (such as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, knife, or billie) in public in a concealed manner.

Take this free, quick quiz to see if you qualify to apply

Take Quiz

You have questions? We have Answers!

  • How long does it take to get a FL CCW Permit
  • On average it takes 50 – 55 days from when the FDACS receives your application, but it could take up to 90 days, due to high volume if this highly sought-after permit.
  • Who issues the Florida Weapons Permit (FL CCW)
  • The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is the issuing agency. Contact the FDACS here: (850) 245-5691
  • Can I transfer my current permit or license to carry from another State to FL
  • No, licenses are not transferable between States.
  • Do I have to take a class
  • You must provide a training certificate to apply for the FL Weapons Permit – it can be an old or previous one. Here are some of the qualifying trainings:
    • Any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency in another state
    • Any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course
    • Any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
    • Any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security officers, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement
    • Any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by the National Rifle Association
    • Documentary evidence of experience with a firearm obtained through participation in organized shooting competition
    • Active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm your experience with a firearm gained during service: military orders including call to active-duty letter; a statement of military service signed by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies you and provides your date of entry for your current active-duty period
    • Former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service

Take this free, quick quiz to see if you qualify to apply

Take Quiz